Welcome!

Welcome to my Blog. I hope you find the posts interesting, informative and perhaps even entertaining(!). I'll update this Blog with my responses to topical stories of the day, important news and tales of my travels up and down the UK, meeting our inspirational nursing staff.

The RCN represents almost 400,000 nurses in the UK and is the country's largest nursing union.

Tuesday 8 September 2009

A response...

I just wanted to write a short note as way of reply to the comments posted on the blog of late.

The stories of poor patient care described here are of course heartbreaking and should never have happened. My point in earlier posts however was that these examples of poor care represent the minority of cases. The vast majority of nurses are good, hardworking and dedicated people.

The stories posted here represent the unacceptable 2% of patients that experience poor care and of course more must be done to reduce that figure further.

Thank you to all those who have posted.

1 comment:

  1. You are missing the point entirely. The 2% you mention only represents the people that were surveyed. As people have mentioned in their previous comments - you haven't surveyed the dead and you certainly haven't surveyed me. Clearly the sample taken couldn't have been representative. Why can't you open your mind? I guess it's no longer top headlines in the news anymore, so you can go back to ignoring it happily and banking your pay cheques each month.

    ReplyDelete